Why do younger people look so young? It’s often because their faces are still full of healthy amounts of fat, collagen and hyaluronic acid. Collagen is a connective tissue that gives strength, elasticity and protection to the skin. Hyaluronic acid acts as a lubricant and moisturizer for the skin.
As a natural part of aging, collagen starts breaking down and the amount of hyaluronic acid lessens. As a result of reduced moisture, strength and elasticity, our once plump, smooth skin starts to show signs of wrinkles, lines, sagging and volume loss. Mix this natural occurrence with certain lifestyle choices such as sun exposure or smoking and those signs of aging will be magnified.
The good news is that dermal filler injections may help restore some of the youthful plumpness to your appearance and give your self-confidence a boost. At Mountain Valley Eye Institute, we offer a variety of dermal filler treatments in Park City, UT, to meet the different needs of our patients. Currently we offer the following brands:
- JUVÉDERM® Voluma™ XC to correct age-related volume loss in the apple, apex and hollow of the cheeks. This filler is not designed to correct wrinkles. Results can last up to 1 year.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC for lip augmentation. Results can last up to 1 year.
- JUVÉDERM® Volbella for lip augmentation. Results can last up to 1 year.
- JUVÉDERM® Vollure to correct moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds. Results can last up to 18 months.
- RADIESSE®, a dermal filler made of calcium-based microspheres that helps stimulate collagen production in our bodies. RADIESSE treats wrinkles, lines and folds on your lower face (smile lines, chin wrinkles, corners of the mouth, marionette lines) as well as your hands, leaving you with smoother, younger-looking skin. This treatment provides immediate lift and volume. Results last 1 year or longer.
- Restylane® to add volume and fullness to skin, correct moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds (smile lines and marionette lines) and enhance the lips. Results can last up to 18 months.
- BELOTERO BALANCE® to correct moderate-to-severe etched-in facial lines and wrinkles by smoothing facial tissue with a soft and cohesive gel made of hyaluronic acid. This product can be used to treat lip lines, smile lines and more with immediate results that can last 6 months or longer.
How Dermal Fillers Work
Dermal fillers are injected under the skin in specific areas of the face. To minimize discomfort, a numbing cream or local anesthesia may be administered. Treatments are done in our office and take a short time to administer. In most cases there is little to no downtime; most patients can return to work or other activities immediately with few restrictions.
Common Dermal Filler Treatment Areas
- Lines around the mouth
- Laugh lines
- Sagging cheeks/volume loss
- Lower eyelid grooves
Dermal Filler Results
The results of dermal filler injections will vary based on your own unique skin, which type of dermal filler is used and how you care for your skin after treatment. Results can last from 6-18 months or longer; injections usually must be repeated to maintain the results.
If you are unhappy with the condition of your skin, contact us today to schedule a free Cosmetic Consultation and find out if dermal fillers are right for you.